Borrowing, printing, photocopying, use of computers and other technology at the American Corner Prizren
Only registered members of the American Corner Prizren have the privilege to check out items. Visitors may only use resources within the Corner.
The following loan periods are available:
|Books designated for circulation (including last copy books)||10 days||3||Renewable for an additional two weeks|
|Magazines||10 days||1 issue||Nonrenewable|
|Games (Only teachers)||5 days||1||Nonrenewable|
|E-reader (kindles, etc.) (in-house)||Two hours||1||Nonrenewable|
Delinquent members, who constantly return their materials late, may lose their borrowing privileges. Members who have overdue materials will be denied borrowing privileges until materials are returned or accounted for.
In case of lost or damage items, borrowing privileges may be suspended for a period of time.
Printing and Photocopying
Printing and photocopying machines are to support Corner activities, including posters, flyers, and brochures promoting the Corner and its activities, as well as printing and copying requested for Corner programs by outside speakers and facilitators.
American Corner Prizren applies a nominal fee for printing and photocopying. Users must ask the American Corner coordinator before printing/photocopying.
The following fee apply:
- For color printing: 0.10 Euros
- For black and white printing: 0.05 Euros
- For photocopying: 0.05 Euros
This institution reserves the right to refuse to accept a copying order if, in its judgment, fulfillment of the order would involve violation of copyright law. Reproduction of materials is regulated by the Law No. 04/L-065 on Copyright and Related Rights, Article 44 “Private and Own Reproduction”.
Use of Computers and Technology
- American Corner workstations and iPads should not be used to display content that may be offensive to others. American Corner workstations and iPads are made available for public use specifically to facilitate access to information about the U.S. Sexually explicit content and images, and graphic violence, as well as content advocating hate crimes is inappropriate and is prohibited.
- Unlawful use of computers is prohibited, including sending, receiving, viewing or downloading illegal materials.
- The Corner’s staff reserves the right to limit and/or schedule workstation usage to accommodate the largest number of customers. Computers are available on a first come first served basis.
- Tampering with PC security which protects computers is prohibited. Activities, which disrupt the Library or its network, are prohibited.
- The Corner’s staff is not responsible for computer equipment, software malfunctions or lost data. Users are instructed not to store information on public computers and iPads. Data stored may be lost once the session ends or the device reboots.
- The Corner cannot guarantee the security of personal information transmitted over the Internet and does not recommend the use of Library computers for sensitive applications such as online banking, tax filing, etc.
- Failure to comply with these rules will result in loss of Internet and/or computer access.
Use of WiFi
- The Corner will strive to keep WiFi access points working, available, and functional for all. However, bandwidth and transmission speed may be affected due to the number of wireless users actively online, maintenance, upgrading, training or other reasons.
- WiFi users should be certain that their laptops and other devices are secure at all times and are never left unattended in the Corner, even for brief periods of time. Theft of such devices is not the responsibility of the Corner.
- As with most public wireless “hot spots,” this WiFi connection is not secure. Another wireless user can potentially intercept any information being transmitted. The Corner recommends that you do not transmit personal information such as credit card numbers and other personal identification numbers, or other sensitive information while using any wireless “hot spot.” WiFi users assume all risks and responsibilities to provide anit-virus software protection and appropriate security settings on their laptops.
The same rules for computer use apply to WiFi use in case of failure to comply with any of these rules.
Use of e-Readers
When borrowing an e-reader, you will be responsible to abide to the following rules and requested to sign this form:
- E-readers can be used only in the American Corner Prizren for two hours at a time.
- Proof of identification/age and a signed release form are required for borrowing an e-reader.
- E-reader devices cannot leave the building under any circumstances.
- The e-reader must be in your care at all times and cannot be left unattended.
- You may not delete or download new content onto the e-reader. Please see staff member if you have a specific content request.
- You may not de-register the e-reader or change the account settings.
- The e-reader must be returned directly to a staff member do check back in. it may not be left at the desk if no staff member is present.
- Device will be inspected for condition and content before and after use. Any changes in condition or content while in your care will be noted and may lead to the suspension of borrowing privileges.
- American Corner Prizren reserves the right to refuse service to anyone who abuses equipment or is repeatedly late in returning materials and/or electronic devices.